Saturday, August 9, 2014

Staying on track while on vacation!!


So we are headed on our last family vacation for the summer to sunny Florida!! Which means lots and lots of tempting foods and drinks, and also the temptation to really sit and DO nothing!! Sounds like a true vacation right?? well for me, weeks like this can be a MAJOR setback!! If I don't stay on track I will come back 5-10 pounds higher, and that is NO LIE!! It HAS happened!! So what is my key and goal for this week: PLANNING!!!

Being prepared is your biggest key to stay on track!! This won't mean that i will be neglecting myself or suffering, NOT AT ALL!! what this means is MODERATION!! That means still exercising every day (and taking advantage of NOT being rushed) and running on the beach, and following my Fix eating plan as closely as I can, though of course still allowing myself some much needed ice cream!!

Here is an idea of my Fix menu and what I plan on eating this week!

21 Day Fix weekly menu

What I LOVE most about this program though is that it is so do-able while on vacay!!! It's not a diet, so you are not feeling like you are starving or neglecting yourself!! This plan is eating wholesome, core foods, not over processed junk!!!

The first thing I do when i get in is hit a foodstore!! We have a kitchen which makes it so much easier!!! I also pre-bought 24 Quest bars so I have these while at the pool and also for the plane rides, or when you get off the plane and are famished :) I may be a little weird with my foods, but nothing is worse then being starving and having nowhere to eat!! That leads to one thing: DISASTER!!

My plan is to eat breakfast and lunch in our condo, then do dinners out!!I love Florida dining out! it's so carefree and FUN!! I am hoping to eat lots of fresh fish and salad :) ahh and wine!!

Here are some great breakfast ideas while on vacay also!


Here are some great snacks while at the pool:


I cannot wait to relax on the beach, swim and read some GREAT BOOKS, like this one!! I am really more and more convinced that so much disease AND OBESITY can be prevented if we JUST eat clean, and better!! :




For more information on this unbelievable program and how you can achieve results like mine:


I am so thankful to God for the gift of family, health and the opportunity to have a family vacation!!! I try and live by this motto every day because every day truly is a gift!!

No comments:

Post a Comment