Saturday, August 16, 2014

Day 17 of August Tidbits and end of Summer vacay recap!!




Wow what a great relaxing week in sunny Palm Beach!! I did all the things that i wanted to do which were:
1. Relax
2. Read a book
3. Sit by the pool/beach
4. Have no worries!

Now doesn't that sound so un-like me though?! So how was my exercise/eating while on vacay I am sure you want to know! Well I was sure to start everyday with the healthiest meal of the day: Shakeology!! I brought my portable mixer and it was 1,2,3! Ahh those beautiful mornings oceanside!! How fast you start to take advantage of its beauty after a week in!!

I also made sure to get in SOME workouts while here, but really i was exercising everyday by being active in the pool and ocean!! I wanted to make sure and stay on track but to also give myself much need R and R!
  
Oh and i didn't go anywhere without my fave T25 shirt! I have to say this top always gets me the most conversation started!!

Now: biggest challenge for me while on vacation...How was my eating?? Well i made sure to stay as close to my Fix plan as I could! Which means on top of my AM ShakeO i always had either a big salad for lunch or dinner! I had the most unbelieveable summer Salmon salad in Lake Worth!! In fact, i had salmon more this week than i have had all summer! Blackened salmon with fresh fruits and vegetables is absolutely the best!!! 
I will be making this at home for sure:)

Another great thing about vacay is the no-rushing of everyday life!! Since we start full-blown school and sports mode next week everyone needs some downtime!! The mind and body need rest! I gave up my 5am wake-ups for a week and i welcomed it greatly!! Me and the hubby did couples massages and it was great to have an 11-year old middle schooler that can actually "baby-sit" for an hour now!! Things are looking better while on vacay compared to the "baby" days:)

One lesson we all learned though: August in Florida is wicked HOT!! You can't really lay out and NOT be in the water! Oh and there is rain-and Heavy rain- every day in the afternoon! Unfortunately we experienced this our last two nights so we missed out on a huge family pic..but we did grab some beach-side pics on our last morning:) the mornings here are just breath-taking! Look at these munchkins!:)


I LOVED our family pic!! But most of all- i LOVED that after having three kids i was up close and front in a bikini pic!!! How many moms can say that?? I work really hard every day making the best healthy choices along with 30-minutes of exercise-that's all it takes!! And i believe that all women are beautiful- no matter our shapes or sizes! I am teaching my girls that being strong and healthy is how we all should be!!! This strength comes from within!!! As moms, all we really need to achieve amazing results is to eat clean, whole core foods with treats occasionally of course :) along with 30-60 minutes of daily exercise! And most of all to learn and LOVE your body and YOUR self first!! I have so much more energy now then I did when i was 40 pounds heavier and I am truly so much happier!! There is no magic number, pill or potion...it just comes down to commitment and dedication and you will SUCCEED!



So I am onto my last week of PiYo: Week 8! Back to eating at home, dinners (sort-of), insane nights and homework and more homework! But after this week i realized we are ready for a fresh start! We are renewed and ready for a new school year!! Bring  it on :) until our next vacay..how many days LOL??

Here's a great collection of crockpot recipes to kick off the new school year! I love new beginnings!! 


http://www.pinterest.com/pin/455708056017805232/

Oh and hooow good is it to be back home...here's to a new week!!

And last but not least....day 17 of August tidbits! enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment