Monday, September 15, 2014

Everything PUMPKIN!!!

I don't know about you, but once Sept. hits I feel like it's FALL...all around me, like BAM!! The weather starts to change and get cooler, the evenings are shorter, the new shows are back..oh and PUMPKIN returns!! I know what you are thinking, but IT'S NOT Fall yet!! and that's right, until a few more days :) So I am getting a jumpstart on my FALL this year because I am literally obsessed with anything and everything PUMPKIN!! From the foods, to the candles, to the decorating..everything in fall is PUMPKIN in this home! Sounds like it wouldn't be a problem right? except no one else in the house really likes to eat pumpkin except me, lol..so that means I get to try and come up with new ideas for myself :)

Since I LOVE everything PUMPKIN, I figured I NEEDED to get my Shakeology on-point for fall too! So I will be posting new Fall Shakeology recipes as I come up with them!

Here is what was on today's menu and it was fantastic, and Paleo-approved!!!

Chocolate PUMPKIN delight!!


Ingredients:
One scoop Chocolate Shakeology
1 c unsweetened almond milk
1/2 c pumpkin puree (i used Libby's)
1 teasp. pumpkin pie spice
Ice to taste
Cals: 230
This one is for sure a keeper!!


And for another little treat, I must also disclose my favorite go-to snack right now!! These are super easy to make and ALSO Paleo approved! I make a batch on Sunday and they stay fresh in an airtight container in the refrig for a week!!!

Fresh Pumpkin Muffins
1 1/2 c almond meal or flour
3/4 c canned organic pumpkin
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
1/4 c organic maple syrup
Optional:
1/2 c dried cranberries (you could also use regular or white raisins)
1/2 c chopped pecans


Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix ingredients, except nuts and dried fruit, in a large mixing bowl. Once ingredients are blended, fold in chopped nuts and dried fruit. Spoon into oiled, mini muffin tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when put into a muffin.  (If using a regular cupcake tin, add 5-10 min to the total baking time). Let muffins cool for a few minutes before removing them from the pan. Enjoy!



I WOULD LOVE to see what you have up your sleeves for FALL!!! Shoot me an email here, find me on Facebook or on my blog HERE :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment